Monday, October 24, 2011

Pictorial Composition: an introduction

The Importance of Balance
"the sensitive eye of artist and viewer tests every picture fro balance, a judgment usually rendered naturally by everyone, with or without knowledge of artistic laws"
  • balance is very important for all paintings and works of art, it creates an emphasis and pulls in a crowd which in turn makes an art piece strong in a visual aspect
  • "the value of a unit depends on its attraction, and its attraction varies according to placement"
  • "a unit near the edge has more attraction than the same unit at the middle"
-balances that many artists include in their work is balance of line, of mass, of light and dark, and of measure, so just making sure that everything is balanced throughout the piece. Making every section equal in attraction as in another section.
Looking back on my work, I realize I probably should have more acknowledged balance in my artwork. this of course would help me more on my composition and elements that include to make my artwork stronger, hopefully I can make them stronger. Practice and effort is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment