Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Reading: DCA chapter 6

Textures:
refers strictly to the sense of touch
You can never go wrong with textures, especially since textures give your artwork a true touch of artistry. It makes you art more vivid, more intense in detail, and depth on most matters-if you use it correctly. This is were I struggle and I know it. I just need to spend more time understanding light or using reflection more carefully, plus I need to be patient since I do tend to rush on my textures at the end.
Categories of texture:
Actual texture: "the tactile quality of a surface, including the mark made by a tool, the surface on which it is made, and any foreign material added to the surface" (148)
Simulated texture: is the imitation of the tactile quality of a surface: can range from a suggested imitation to a highly illusionistic duplication of the subject's texture
Invented, conventional, or symbolic texture: do not imitate textures in real life, rather they are invented textual patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment